I'm not at work, but I'm home vegging on Christmas eve so I have time to do this meme thing that I saw on Scooter Kitty's blog that she saw on David Lee King's blog.
THE 99 THINGS MEME
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. (It was a marching band so not nearly as cool as you thought at first, huh? Though marching in a college band was pretty damned fun!!! Half the time my friends were marching drunk so sometimes our lines weren't all that straight. LOL!!!)
4. Visited Hawaii. (I'm here right now!!!)
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child (Sadly, no …)
16. Had food poisoning. (Twice … I got Beijing belly in China and I got some bad paella at the Rock of Gibraltar!!!)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. (It wasn't as small as I was told it would be …)
20. Slept on an overnight train. (According to the ads … "Arrive refreshed …" No … )
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. (With my luck I'd be picked up by the Deliverance guys …)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. (It was pretty damned amazing!!! I saw it from the Canadian side which is supposed to be less cheesy than the American side.)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (As a 4th generation Chinese-American, it surprised me how "Chinese" my American upbringing actually was).
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person. (Pretty amazing! I didn't expect feel as much awe as I did …)
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person (I took a wrong turn entering the museum at opening time and ended up in the Sistine Chapel with four other visitors and a guard for almost a half hour!!! Sometimes it is great to have poor map reading skills!!!).
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. (All the time as a kid! There aren't any left in Hawaii …)
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. (Wow!!!)
57. Started a business. (I had a decent sized AMWAY business for a number of years …)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. (I would have tried this, but they frown on people with penises wearing the uniform).
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving (Why?)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check (Not as much fun as you'd think …)
68. Flown in a helicopter (I got to fly from Maui to the island of Kahoolawe to work on island restorations and re-forestation. Pretty cool!!! After budget cuts, they take you there by boat now …)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (I still have my Cat Cat in a plastic bag in a closet at my mom's house. She smells like barf, but I can't bring myself to give her up … I was a pretty happy child!)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job (Got fired from Burger King because I missed a shift that I had requested to have off. the assistant manager was an asshole and he fired me … He got fired himself and the head manager re-hired me!!! LOL!!!).
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (This one is lame …)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car. (My Ford Ranger … 15 years and still going … Mostly …)
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. (Became an Eagle Scout … But that was before the Boy Scouts were about HOMOPHOBIA!!!)
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury (7 days … Hung jury … 11 to 1 guilty … AAARRRRGGGHHH!!! He was friggin' guilty as all hell!!!).
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
Wow … I did a lot more of these than I would have expected!
Happy holidays, all!!!