I heart Costco because:
- A huge piece of pizza and a drink for $2.75
- Lucky brand jeans are available for under $50
- A container of organic spring greens costs $3.75 and the same thing is $6.99 at Ralph's supermarkets
- I picked up a screw in a tire one afternoon and because I had bought the tires from Costco three years earlier, they repaired and rotated my tires for no charge. On top of that, the tire department doesn't take cars after 6:30pm, but because I was in a pinch, they made an exception and took my car at 6:45. Would employees from a company like Time Warner Cable have done the same? Fuck no!!!
- I was picking up some Airborne for Scooter Kitty during one of my regular shopping trips and a cashier went out of her way to track down an Airborne coupon saving Scooter Kitty $3.00!!!
- Did I mention that a huge piece of pizza and a drink is only $2.75?
The only caveats I would give people about shopping at ye old warehouse store is that you should be careful to avoid proximity to a Costco on the day before Thanksgiving and the day before the Superbowl. There'll be a LOT of suburbanite types shopping for turkey fixin's and chips and guacamole on those days so entering a Costco on those days could be a rather dangerous proposition.